The most safe and reliable low voltage switchboard
Okken Switchboards: safety on an everyday basis
Safety is a major issue not only to guarantee installation durability but also and above all for operators and maintenance personnel working on a switchboard.
- The Okken LV switchboards incorporate the best safety and protection systems, preventing on-load operation to guarantee safer operation and maintenance.
- Live parts are protected by screens guaranteeing an IP20 degree of protection.
- The withdrawable drawers have 3 positions: connected, test and disconnected.
- The operator interfaces for switchboard configuration and setting are directly accessible on the front face.
Tested switchboards –Okken is a totally tested switchboard as per standard IEC 61439-1, thus guaranteeing electrical installation and operation safety. All tests are certified by ASEFA and LOVAG.
- Temperature rise limits
- Dielectric properties
- Short-circuit withstand
- Protection circuit efficiency
- Clearance and creepage distance
- Mechanical operation
- Degree of protection
To learn more visit?www.schneider-electric.com.au
The main 10 functions ofOkken Switchboards
All the verifications proposed by standard IEC 61439 contribute to the achievement of 3 basic goals: safety, continuity of service and compliance with end-user requirements.
1. Voltage stress withstand capability Insulation to withstand long-term voltages, transient and temporary overvoltages guaranteed through clearances, creepage distances and solid insulation.
2. Current-carrying capability Protect against burns by limiting excessive temperatures:
- when any single circuit is continuously loaded to its rated current
- when any circuit is continuously loaded to its rated current multiplied by its rated diversity factor.
3. Short-circuit withstand capability Withstand short-circuit thanks to short-circuit protection devices, short-circuit coordination, and capability to withstand the stresses resulting from short-circuit currents in all conductors.
4. Protection against electric shock Hazardous live parts are not accessible (basic insulation protection) and accessible conductive parts are not hazardous for life (fault protection, and continuity of protective equipotential bonding).
5. Protection against fire or explosion hazard Protect persons against fire hazards: resistance to internal glowing faulty elements through selection of materials and design provisions.
6. Maintenance and modification capability Capability to preserve continuity of supply without impairing safety during assembly maintenance or modification through basic and fault protection and optional removable parts.
7. Electro-Magnetic compatibility Properly function and avoid generation of EMC disturbances through incorporation of electronic devices complying with the relevant EMC standard, and their correct installation.
8. Capability to operate the electrical installation Properly function, according to:
- The electrical diagram and the specifications (voltages, co-ordination, etc.) by selecting, installing
- and wiring the appropriate switching devices.
- The specified operating facilities (access to Human-Machine Interfaces, etc.) through accessibility
- and identification.
9. Capability to be installed on site Withstand handling, transport, storage and installation constraints, and be capable to be constructed and connected through selection or design of the enclosure and the external terminals, and by provisions and documentation.
10. Protection of the assembly against environmental conditions Protect the assembly against mechanical and atmospheric conditions through selection of materials and design provisions.