Turn Key Solutions
Specialist Engineering Expertise
We deliver switchrooms, switchboards, motor control centres and other products to clients locally and overseas. Our reputation has been founded on our switchboard manufacturing capability, however our offering extends beyond this.
Our approach to winning and delivering each project is flexible, in that we can offer our clients a range of partnering models, including alliance or a consortium arrangement.
Our Transportable Switchrooms are built to withstand the harshest Australian climate
Mayfield have over 20 years’ experience designing and manufacturing fully transportable switchrooms, control rooms and process skid assemblies. Our Switchrooms are custom designed and built to withstand the most arduous climate and transport routes Australia has to offer.
Designs are based on all steel construction for the base, wall and roof sections incorporating:
- Fire rated construction
- Fire alarm systems
- Colourbond steel sheeting to walls and ceiling – internal/external
- Fire suppression and VESDA alarm systems
- Air conditioning systems
- Room pressurization systems/Dust ingress prevention
- Support platforms and stairs
- Complete electrical and switchgear fit out
- Communication systems
- Cyclone rated construction
We provide the option of a custom-built switchboard, tailored to specification or a modular ‘off the shelf’ switchboard.
We can offer switchboards that are type tested to AS3439, in accordance with the following:
- Continuous ratings up to 5,000A
- Short-circuit ratings up to 63kA
- Forms 1, 2, 3, 3A, 3B or 4 segregation
- Appendix E arc fault containment
Based on our client’s requirements, cubicles can be manufactured from marine grade aluminium, mild, galvanised or stainless steel.
Main switchboards are manufactured entirely in-house, in accordance with independently certified quality assurance procedures. This ensures total control throughout all phases of design and production.
As part of our customised solution, configuration options include:
- Up to IP65 degrees of protection
- Front or back connection
- Top and/or bottom cable entry
- Double sided or back-to-back
- Shipping breaks
- External/internal paint colour to specification
To support our ability to manufacture custom-built switchboard enclosures and switchrooms in-house, we have state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, which is fully equipped with large fixed machinery, including brake presses, guillotine and the latest in turret punch technology, enabling general steel fabrication to high tolerances.
In addition, we have a fully equipped wet spray painting and baking system to facilitate a variety of paint finishes.
Our capabilities in this area include the following:
- Acoustic enclosures
- Access platforms
- General equipment supports
Total flexibility in design and layout
Motor Control Centres (fixed construction)
LV motor control centres are manufactured entirely in-house and can be configured for front or back connection, top and/or bottom cable entry and for variations such as walk-in tunnel or double-sided arrangements.
Degrees of protection ranging from lP20 to lP65 are available to suit particular applications and customers can select from a wide range of steelwork colours and finishes. Cubicles are manufactured from mild steel, galvanized steel, aluminium or stainless steel.
- Fault levels from 25kA to 63kA.
- Forms of segregation: Form 1, 2, 3A, 3B, and 4.
Motor Control Centres (plug-in)
Plug-in motor control centres offer completely flexible design, future rearrangement of modules without cutting, drilling or welding and easy extension from both ends.The draw-out nature of the modules simplifies maintenance.
Plug-in motor control centres have been type- tested to AS/NZS 60439.1 and are manufactured in accordance with Mayfield strict QA procedures.
Features of a plug-in motor control centre include:
- Fault level of 50kA for 3 sec, 63kA for 1 sec
- Form 3b, Appendix E (arc fault containment)
- Enclosure rating of IP65
- Horizontal busbar system rated from 1000 to 3000 amps
- Vertical busbar system rated up to 1000 amps
- Modules plug in to the vertical busbars
- Full length Neutral and Earth bars
- Cable entry from both top and bottom
- Pintle or concealed hinges
Gas Stillage & Hydrant Booster Enclosures
Mayfield are proud to introduce our new range of high quality affordable Gas Stillage and Hydrant booster enclosures.
Our enclosures are made locally in Adelaide at our head office manufacturing facility out of high quality galvanised steel and baked enamel finish. The internal structures are hot dipped galvanised steel that allows the enclosure to support the gas bottles and provides lifting lugs for easy transportation and site installation.
We are able to offer fully fitted out turnkey option that reduces time and costs on site. We have designed the enclosures for harsh climates and suited to industrial applications.